Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No Ekka for you!

So, I'm pretty sure we weren't meant to go to Ekka this year. We had been planning to go last Saturday, but then we didn't feel well enough to make it and then we were planning to go today and it rained. Rain. It never rains. We are in drought. And, the one day that we want to do something that you can't actually do in the rain...it rains. Go figure. Hopefully, we'll have more luck next year!
Anyway, Steve, me, Jeff and Vic decided on lunch out at a place called the Breakfast Creek Hotel. Good food, cool atmosphere. I enjoyed it. Forgot the camera, so no pics today.
We then did a little shopping. I was planning to buy makeup from MAC, one of my favorite places to get makeup but....well, let me tell you a little story...
I ask the girl working at MAC if she can give me a hand choosing an eyeshadow color. Usually, at least from my experiences in Canada, they totally make you up...show you how to apply it, etc...making it worth the $40 you pay for one eyeshadow. Anyway, so I ask her for help and she says..."No. I can't help you. We don't have the staff today." That was it. No apologies. Nothing. So, I walked across the way to Estee Lauder, where a lovely lady helped me and pretty much did my entire makeup, even showing me a sexy way to do my eyes for special events. I left happy, with an overly priced eyeshadow. Not sure I'll be going back to MAC...at least not that one! Holy crappy customer service!
It's now 5:13 and I'm eating left-over soup and heading off to yoga. Steve's in bed. Poor baby. He's still not feeling well. He's having a really hard time getting over this bug he has. You know it's bad when Steve comes home, takes pills and goes to sleep:( I hope he feels better soon!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Holy rude MAC girl!! Yeah that sucks! Like who says no?? I'd be tempted to go to a manager next time you are around there. If I had done that in my past retail experience I'd be fired!!

Kat said...

Wow, that does suck about MAC.
Glad you got some better service!
You should write MAC a letter and get some free stuff!

MacPurdys said...

Hey!!
Wow, we've only been gone for a week but I feel like it was a month! Wow! Just did some blog reading...glad that Steve finnnnally got his birthday gift. Yeah, it was fun picking out the "old man" gifts! heheeeee
Glad the shirt fit too Steve!

Stac

Shannon said...

Customer Service is getting worse and worse as the years go by... Lawd, I am sounding like an old-foggie! :(

Anyways! Hi! Tis' Shannon :)