Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm dreaming of...

It's raining. It's been raining all week. Very heavy rain, in fact, which is great, because as every Aussie will gladly tell you, time and time again..."We need it." I'm really enjoying it. I have come to realize that I love rainy days. However, what I'm not loving quite so much is that the fact that our house is very chilly and very damp. The towels that we hang in the bathroom after our shower each morning, are still wet at night, when we go to bed. For those of you who have ever camped in the rain...you know that feeling of being inside a tent, with the rain falling down all around you, everything is wet and damp feeling, including your bones? Well, that how we've felt in our house all week! Just one more reason why heaters built in homes is a marvelous creation! For now, I'll crawl into my bed, pre-heated with a hot water bottle and listen to the rain hitting the roof, dreaming of the days when I could walk to the wonderful thermostat on the wall....turn the knob, hear the heat switch on, smell the heat in the room...ahhhhh....those were good times indeed...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I guess they don't use heaters down there? Or just ones you plug in??

Kristi Drennan said...

oh that's just awful! you're a champ because I'd be going CRAZY! Like what the heck can you do?? At least the Aussie's are getting some much need H2O happening. It'll warm up soon!!

MacPurdys said...

I think I am going to go and turn on my heat just because I can. It's 37 degrees with the humidity but what the hell.... TO THE THERMOSTAT!