Friday, March 14, 2008

What I've been working on...

I definitely had a much needed lazy day today. However, I did manage to do a bit of sewing and finished the curtains for our "mudroom". I'm not really sure what to call the room on the back of our house but we use it for shoes and bags and Jesse's bowls, so I think the term mudroom suits it well. I have put a couple of pics of the mudroom and the bathroom, showing the curtains that I made for both rooms with my new sewing machine. We rent an old Queenslander, as most of you know, so basically it's a cottage that must be at least 70 years old, maybe older. Either way, it's got character and if we owned it, there'd be lots that we would do to fix it up and make it awesome but in the meantime, we rent and do what we can to make it home.
Bathroom curtain. The bathroom really shows it's age but it does have a bathtub, so that's a bonus! (our old house didn't).
Aussie toilets look weird, eh?
Mudroom curtains. They really helped to make the space feel a little cozier and not so bare and boring.

Mudroom. One of the next things on our list to get are shelves to store stuff on and something to get the shoes off the floor. One thing at a time!




3 comments:

Kat said...

Your place looks great!
I'm VERY impressed with your craftiness!!! Your curtains look spectacular, and it really does gives warmth to your mudroom :)

Kristi Drennan said...

Love it. You're such a multi-talented girl!! Can I just say that I love your mudroom. It's really nice! Curtains look great. I hope you're feeling better today!

Missa's adventures said...

Wow! Nice work Martha. The term mudroom sounds dirty and messy, but the pictures show none of that! It's so neat with the little row of shoes...very impressive!