Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Merry Christmas to Cari!

I almost missed posting today because I was too busy with my new toy. Yup, I bought myself a present...a sewing machine! I'm such a geek but I'm so excited! I spend all afternoon, after I got home from work "getting to know my machine" and tonight I made a simple curtain for our bathroom window. It takes me awhile, as I'm not only getting used to the new machine but basically re-learning to sew (I haven't done any sewing since home ec in high school!). I have a few projects planned, mostly curtains and chair covers for now, but maybe down the road, I'd like to take some classes and learn to make clothes. I'm finally trying to do some of the decorating stuff that I've been wanting to do around the house. We kind of just moved in at Christmas, unpacked and then that was it. We've been too busy exploring to stay home long enough to do much, but I really love working on things and want to make more time for it. There's nothing better than thinking up an idea, making it yourself and having it actually turn out nice! It feels very good!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

HOly crap I just said to Matt...I want a sewing machine. I asked for one for my birthday and then for Christmas and now I said I really really want one for my birthday this year. Maybe earlier. I mean I have STUFF I want to make!