Saturday, March 08, 2008

SHARK!

So after diving last weekend at Straddie Island, Cari and I decided we wanted to follow it up with a dive at the Julian Rocks, this weekend, in Byron Bay. We had an early start, had to get up at 4:30 for the 2 hour drive South to New South Whales. It turned out to be a beautiful day and an AWESOME dive. By far one of the best dives I have ever done. Within 10 minutes of getting to the bottom and starting our dive we had 3 Leopard Sharks swiming around us. It was wicked awesome cool. Laser cool even...These guys can get up to 2 meters long and like to eat young chrilden and family pets.....just joking, I have no freaking idea what they eat.




(This is a Leopard Shark, I did not take this pic, I stole it from another site)

We also saw a toad fish, an Eagle Ray, Snappers, Black Cod, Rock Cod a Morray eel and a Blind Shark that was chillin under a rock (its a member of the Brachaeluridae family, just a little guy). Plus a bazillion other fish and sea creatures..... It was pure awesome....We're hoping to get back in a couple of weeks if we can gather up some extra cash.

Scuba (Steve) Dickinson

2 comments:

Clotilde said...

Wow you saw a lot! I'm not sure I would have been comfortable with all these sharks though. No sea turtle this time? I really missed them last weekend...

Kristi Drennan said...

Wow you sure are up-to-date on your fish. I'd be like...I saw this greyish one and this one had this weird fin etc...