Saturday, March 15, 2008

As per request...

I talked to my Mom last night and she asked that I post some pictures of the outside of our house, so I took some this morning and here they are Mama!

Our house on stilts.
Under the house it is all concrete. There's a storage room on the left hand side and straight behind the car is where the laundry is. It's also where Jes spends most of his time. Usually that would be open from the front, but we blocked it off so that Jes can't get to the front yard when we're not home. Mostly because we were worried about him getting out. The kid across the street often wants to pat Jes and open the gate and lately Jes is starting to realize that if he pokes his nose in and pulls, the gate opens. He hasn't totally mastered it yet but I think he could in an emergency. By emergency I mean he sees the neighbor's cat who likes to sun himself directly on the other side of the fence.
Stairs leading to our front door.
That door leads to the storage room. To the right would be the car and the laundry area.
We have birds everywhere. This guy was keeping an eye on me as I was taking pictures. I think he wanted his 5 minutes of fame.
The gate leading into our front yard. We have beautiful flower bushes all over our yard. I love it!
Front yard. The house across the street is for sale. It's been condemned which means that people really should not be living in it. It's selling for $800,000. Can you believe that???
The area under the house, behind the car. You can see that we've blocked it off.
Laundry and Jesse's pad whenever he's outside. Works out well for him, as it's totally shaded and stays cooler with the concrete.
Our neighbor gave me this plant when we first moved in. He said to put it by the entrance to our front door and it would bring us wealth. He's so nice!!

Our back yard.
And the stair leading to our mudroom.
That's it! Hope you understood all my layout details Mom! I know you like that stuff! :)







2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Ok so I tried to leave a comment and it just didn't work! Basically I bloody love it all!! Love the backyard and all the pretty flower bushes!! I wish I could come and visit you. I need to either get richer or the tickets need to get cheaper!!

Kat said...

Love love love the flowers and your yard. Your place is SUPERB! You're very lucky!