Sunday, March 09, 2008

Busy weekend

Another busy weekend in our house! As Steve previously posted, we woke up bright and early on Saturday and headed for Byron Bay, where we did an AMAZING dive. My favorite dive yet, which isn't so impressive considering I've only done 9 dives, but Steve has done about 150 dives over the last ten years and this was one of his favorites as well. I'm really starting to get the diving bug, the more and more I do it!
We spent the afternoon bumming around the town of Byron. I've said this a million times but I LOVE Byron. My favorite place we've been so far. I love the vibe there, the beaches, the shops, the food, everything. We went to a few great little stores that sold natural products and very earthy like things. Totally my kind of shop! Carol, you would love them!! I even found a dream catcher that was handcrafted in Canada. I've been wanting a dream catcher for awhile but obviously couldn't get one easily here because it's a Canadian thing. I was going to ask someone to send me one but was very excited to find one tucked away in a corner of Byron Bay! It looks wonderful in my bedroom window and I did sleep more peacefully last night! I bought a few other little things, before stopping for gelato and then making our way home. Here are a few pics from Byron...
This beach is actually an off lead dog beach. We just realized that on Saturday. Jesse will get to join us next time!
Thought this was a cool pic...water meets sky.

We went over to Darryl and Stacey's last night for a few drinks and just some chillin' out. We got home around 12:30 pm, which was very late seeing as we got up at 4:30 am! You'd think we would have slept in this morning but unfortunately, no. We woke up early and decided to get Jes out first thing for a run at the dog beach. Why is it you can never sleep in when you want to?? A few pics from today...


A family of shadows.
I spent the afternoon working on my dresser table. It's going really well. I think I'll be finishing it up by tomorrow. Once it's done, I'll post a pic. For now, it's off to relax and then an early bedtime. Definitely had a weekend full of fun but lacking in sleep!
Hope everyone had a good weekend!





1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

Love the photos! I think I need one of your worry dolls. I've not been able to get back to sleep at night when I wake to feed Isaiah!! Glad you found a dreamcatcher. I had one when I was a kid but never really appreciated it. I need a Cari chat! I'm looking for some inspiration!