Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thought this was kind of funny...

I've been reading a book called "The Little Book of Wellbeing" by Penelope Sach. It's just a little book filled with little ideas, facts and info on how you can help to take care of yourself from day to day. The author is a naturopath and herbal medicine practitioner who works in Sydney, Australia. Most of the the little bits of info are either Australian related or random facts that could be used by anyone, living anywhere. So, I was quite surprised to read the page that said this...
" 'Must-Go' Dinners
On Friday evenings, Canadians in Nova Scotia traditionally enjoy "must-go" dinners. "Must-go" dinners are made from all the leftovers in the fridge. The results are creative and the practice ensures there's no waste. Try it yourself."
Am I the only Nova Scotian who has never heard of "must-go" dinners in her life?? We do eat leftovers, but I thought it was more of a laziness/too busy to take the time to make dinner issue in our family growing up! I definitely was unaware that the practice of eating leftovers was a impressive act that others around the world should try and be impressed by! Who knew we Maritimers were so good at being practical that we'd make a whole little page, in a little book, written by an Aussie?

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I've never heard of them either. maybe this is a new tradition... ???

George said...

Crikey.......I never heard of that either?

That said it smacks of Cape Breton(ese).

Let me check with the resident Caper.(wink)

Geo

Kristi Drennan said...

nope never heard anything like it! Though I think Matt's dad used to do this but I don't know if he called them that.