Thursday, March 27, 2008

"O" My!

Steve and I stopped into a "News Agent" after work tonight. It's basically a convenience store/card shop in one. They sell lots of magazines and so I took a look. For the most part, you can get all the big named magazines here but they are the Aussie version, so for example, you can get Cosmopolitan Australia or Marie Claire Australia. Exactly the same as the ones at home, just with Australian styles, prices, etc...They are still more expensive than home, well because most things are, but they are reasonably priced (say between $7.95 and $10). However, if you do get a magazine from "America" as they say here, it's SO, SO expensive!!! I saw Oprah's "O Magazine" tonight and the April edition was selling for $19.50!!! Crazy! I was in serious shock the first time I saw that! I may have even posted about this ages ago, but hey, if I did, it's worth a second mention! I guess it does have to travel pretty far, but still! I suppose I shouldn't complain...all the March copies that no one could afford to buy were on sale for $10.95 each, so you can still read Oprah, if you really want to, just a month behind!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! That IS expensive!
Is there a library nearby? Maybe they have lots of mags to read for free :)

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Drennan said...

holy moly! now I wonder can someone order the subscription of any magazine and get the deal and send it to you or will it just translate into aussie money?

Kat said...

New post please!