Saturday, March 22, 2008

First Race Done!

Cari and I got up nice and early (5:30am) and headed off to the Botanical Gardens for the Easter 10km Fun Run. It was a beautiful morning, perfect temp for a run. I had a goal of running 10km in less then 54 minutes, and in the back of my head I was hoping to do it in less than 52 minutes. My time ended up being 51 minutes 43 seconds (51:43) so I beat my goal time! Last year at the Jetty to Jetty 10km fun run in Redcliffe, my time was 56:06, so I've shaved almost 5 minutes off my time. Hopefully by the end of this season I can get my 10km time under 50 minutes.

We brought Jesse along, he didn't run, he was just there to cheer me on.



Cari thought I was stretching in the above pic, but I think I'm debating whether or not to go pee before the start....

Everyone lined up and ready to go....

Cari wasn't able to get a good pic of me finishing the race, she didn't expect me to finish so soon. I told her I would likely finish around the 54 minute mark.... So when I rocked in under 52 minutes she wasn't ready.....that'll teach her to listen to me...

The next race I'm doing is April 20th, but this time I'm doing a half marathon, which is 21km... My only goal for that race is to finish. Also, depending on how jet legged my mother is, she might be there to cheer me on....

Steve (my legs hurt today) Dickinson


2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Yay steve! Congratulations on beating your time!! You look like a different guy!

Ok...I feel like I've been too nice to you lately and that's a little weird...ummm...you smell. Yeah I can smell you from here. Gross. Go take a four minute shower...in fact...add a minute and take a five minute shower. You need it. Ahh now I feel better.

George said...

Right on Dude!Nice work.
Geo