Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Year ahead.......


Sat down the other day and planned out the races I want to do this year. Looks like it will be a smorgasbord of fun.... Lots of riding, running and swimming. This year I have many goals. First, I want to run a 1 hour 45 minute or better 1/2 marathon. Second, I want to run a 42 minute (or better) 10km. Third, run and finish my first marathon (aiming for sub 4hr) and last but not least, compete in a 1/2 Ironman. (1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21.5km run)
At the end of the month I have my first 1/2 marathon, for the last 4 weeks I have been building for this event, every week adding 5km to my weekly distance (last week I ran 55km) doing hill sprints, and speed drills. This week and next, I will tapper and cut down to 40km this week and less then 15 next (not including the 21km 1/2 marathon distance)

May 31st - Run -Sri Chinmoy ½ marathon

June 13th – Run - Coburg Blunestone classic 10km

July 5th - Duathlon - Brooks 5km run/20km ride/3km run

-------------------- Half Ironman training starts----------------------

July 26th – MTB Enduro – Chase the Sun 6hr Enduro

Aug 16th – Duathlon - Brooks 5km run/20km ride/3km run

Sept 13th – Run - Sri Chinmoy ½ marathon

Oct 11th – Run - Melbourne Marathon

Nov 15th – 1/2 Ironman

I'm looking forward to the hard work and training that I'll need to do to make all this happen. Its going to be a butt load of hard work. I'll take this opportunity to thank Cari in advance for the amount of crap that I'm sure I'll put her through. Its always awesome having her at all the races to cheer me on, but I'm sure getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning to go to these races is not her idea of an ideal Saturday or Sunday morning.

Steve (half a man) Dickinson

No comments: