Thursday, May 07, 2009

When bad hair happens to good people...

Oh dear. Bad hair indeed. Not sure what went wrong. We're on a bit of a budget at the moment, with me not working and well, I was really needing to do something with my hair, as I had terrible roots and with hoping to do job interviews, I wanted to take care of it. I went to a couple of hair places and they all quoted me $300 plus to re-do my blond highlights and give me a cut and blow dry. Yikes! So, I decided the blond is just too much money and upkeep (my hair grows fast and really, I'd need to have it done every 2 months if I could) and since it's winter here, I thought going dark was a good alternative. So, I got Steve to dye it last night. I chose a color I have done before, so I thought it would be safe. I thought wrong! Not sure if the raccoon look is in where you live but I'm pretty sure it went out of style here last month. It came out sooooo dark and bits of blond all over didn't cover at all! Disaster. Seriously. All Steve said is, "How can we fix it?" and after a panicked dig through the trash for any left over dye, he simple said..."Go to a hairdresser tomorrow and get them to do it." So, here's me in a hat, off to find a hairdresser who can squeeze me in. So much for saving money with the do-it-at-home. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh no!!

Oh Cari! Listen I have access to getting professional hair color just the same way they mix it...IF you want I can try to get some for you and send it. AND also I have some left from when I was doing it but it's quite dark dark brown and hard to go to blonde after. Oh I just wish I could help you! At least you won't have to color it much if you keep it dark for awhile.

Kristie said...

I saw too many hair disasters working at Maritime Beauty way back when to ever attempt hair color myself!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cari, Cari, Cari.... and our intentions are always so good! I have gone to the dark side as well and cannot get back without having it professionally done. Thank god the dark looks good on you. You always look so nice. I like the hat look myself.

Pippy CS

Kat said...

Holy $300.00?!?