Sunday, January 28, 2007

A few Hawaii pics...

Steve at this cute little shopping place in Honolulu.
Palm trees. I really loved the trees in Hawaii. Very green and very thick!
These trees were so cool. A local told me they are called iron wood trees and were actually introduced to Hawaii in the 1800s by the Missionaries to get the Natives to be civilized and wear shoes. The seed-like things that fall off them are very sharp and really hurt if you step on them.
This is the beach across the street from our hotel. I liked this a lot about Wakiki beach, where we stayed. There were hotels, shops and restaurants along one side of the street and nothing but beach on the other!
Holy birds! As much as I don't really like birds too much, it did add character the way the birds were always around, just hanging out in restaurants. This little guy decided to enjoy the lady's bread, sitting next to us, while she went up to the breakfast buffet. Surprisingly, there was not bird poop anywhere. The part of the city where we stayed was very clean and well maintained.

This was our hotel, as seen from the beach.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Nice pics...looks like you're enjoying yourselves and hope the weather is great!!!

I just got back from seeing Jesse so I wanted to write you before I didn't get the chance. Jesse looks great. Very excited to see me...like normal...but he seemed very happy and I think they're brushing him lots because no shedding!! We went outside for a while and then played upstairs. I think he's very content so don't worry!!!

I'll email our address too.

Keep enjoying yourselves while we freeze our butts!!!!!

Stac

Cari said...

Thanks Stacey! You just made our day.

Steve (Me likes Brisbane) Dickinson

Selena said...

HI guys,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Honolulu/Wakiki. We had a blast when we were there last yr.

Kristie said...

wow Hawaii looks beautiful!! can't wait to see Brisbane. Get Steve some SPF 45.

Kat said...

Awesome! Glad you guys are safe and having a good time!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys ... nice pics. I really want to go to Hawaii. Can't wait to see some pics of Brisbane.

BTW ... click on our name and check out our new blog. That is right we are now bloggers.

Cheers!

macPs