Monday, January 29, 2007

Brisbane bound!

This is the plane we flew on to Sydney. We flew with Quantas Mainland Airlines. The plane was huge (a 747)! The food was good and it was nice because there was lots of room to walk and stretch your legs. I didn't find the flight all that bad, even though it did take 10 hours. I was super impressed that they actually have fold out beds for babies, which would definitely help make traveling with babies easier (hint hint to the MacPurdys;) ). Steve and I have both been trying really hard to get used to the time change here. We have done pretty good eating on their schedule but sleeping has been tough. It wouldn't be so bad for me if I could just sleep later than 5 am in the morning! It's really only been yesterday and today that I feel really tired but we have been walking around the city in the heat A LOT, so it could be just a combination of everything. Anyway, it's to be expected that we're going to feel the jet lag for awhile and hopefully it won't be much longer before we get in a groove.
Looking out the window of our flight to Sydney.
Well, this is it. This is all we own, all that we brought with us to Brisbane. Now I need to find us an apartment so we can get shopping! We've already done some looking and we find furniture to be pretty cheap and nice. I've already seen 3 sofas that I love! We bought a mattress for at Vic's place and it was only $400 for a really nice double. I'm looking forward to getting settled with a few things we really like.

No comments: