Saturday, March 13, 2010

Melbourne Zoo

Steve's Mom and Aunt are here visiting from Canada. We went to the Melbourne Zoo today. Steve has been there before but it was my first time. I was shocked at how big it is and how much there was to see! I find zoos can make me sad because it's just heartbreaking to see the animals caged up but I was really impressed with the enclosures for the animals at this zoo. They were very large, very natural and very open. The animals seemed quite happy! We had a great day AND we got to see the new baby elephant! I have lots of fabulous photos to post, thanks to Steve's happy snapping, but a long day in the hot sun has left this girl pooped! Be back soon to share more!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Yeah I feel that way at Zoo's too! So I'm glad to hear that it's not that bad.

Clotilde said...

Baby elephant! I want to see the baby elephant!!! :D