Monday, March 08, 2010

Yarn!

So, the house is back in order (see post below) but now the TV cable has stopped working, since we moved the TV to rip up the carpet. NO TV!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! Hard to believe that we went 2 years without even owning a TV and an evening comes without it and I'm a bit lost! It's also 22 degrees and we're running the heat to help get the dampness and remaining water smell out of the house. Whoa! It's getting hot in here! Anyhoo, I figure I'll pass a bit of time by doing my second blog post of the day!
Lately, I've become obsessed with making things with yarn. There's just so much pretty yarn out there and it's always on sale! I get very excited about the $1 yarn bin at the craft store. I think it could quite possibly be the only thing I've seen selling for only a buck since I moved to Australia! Seeing as I'm actually a pretty crappy and sloooow knitter, I tend to do more simple things like make wreaths and now this! I wasn't even sure what I was going to use it as when I decided to make it, but it's just so easy and relaxing and a great little something to do while you watch TV. TV....Ahhhh. In the end, I liked mine so much, I decided I'm gonna wear it! What do you think? Cute, right? I also made a little something else with yarn over the weekend, as I listened to the rain outside (and inside!) but I'll be back to show you that later:) Never mind the picture. It's hard to photograph yourself when your hunny is on the other side of the world!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

I love your whole outfit!! So cute and makes me so excited to wear real clothes again! I love that yarn scarf! I wish I could make one. So inspiring. I'm still trying to figure out this skype phone business. I still just don't know the right one to buy.

heather said...

love the scarf...:)

Clotilde said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT SCARF IDEA. HOW DID U MAKE IT. KNIT? BRAID? SORRY FOR YOUR MESS. ENJOY YOUR COMPANY. TAKE CARE. LOVE YOU AUNT GEN & NAN