Monday, March 15, 2010

Zoo day!

As promised, here's the photos from our day at Melbourne Zoo. I liked the one of Steve's Mom and Aunt Linda in the bamboo:)
Oh my goodness. I'd love to have a pet monkey!
Man, giraffes are TALL!
1 little zebra, 2 little zebras. Or zeb-ra as the Aussies say.
Lots of turtles everywhere! Dare ya to go for a swim in there!
Me looking surprisingly relaxed considering I'm in a giant bird cage!
I really loved watching the bear swim. He was really cute. He saw a leaf in the water and he was pawing at it, trying to catch it. When that didn't work, he tried to catch it in his mouth...pretty adorable to watch!
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...Did you just sing that line as you read it? ;)
We fell in love with the tortoise. Like Linda said, he just seemed so wise and knowing.
He even came up close and personal for a little chat with us. He was so attentive!
Penguins! They are the same penguins we see in the wild at St. Kilda, but much easier to photograph at the zoo in the daylight!
After a verrrry long wait, we finally got to see Mali, the baby elephant that was born in January. She was pretty cute and very famous!

They had a butterfly room, which kind of freaked me out. I'm not good with things fluttering all around and landing on me, even if they are pretty!
Didn't Steve get some great shots? Well done Babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes i did sing that line, it was my favorite song when i was a kid, dad had it on a 8track and i could have cried when it broke