Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update...

Jesse seems to be back to his old self (hyper and a wee bit annoying today!) and thanks to Hollie's (http://blindcavefish.blogspot.com/) wonderful suggestion to use baking soda on the carpet to absorb the smell, our bedroom smells nice again! Thanks to everyone who gave advice on how to help get Jes back to normal and how to make my house smell like roses again!
As for me, I'm making the most of this limited food diet and finding recipes for things I can have. Okay I found one recipe but still, I was happy with that! It's not going too bad, although, I'm sure I won't be thinking that way tomorrow this time, when I can only drink clear fluids from lunchtime tomorrow until Friday evening!! Steve thinks I'm cranky on a normal day when I get hungry...well watch out!;) I also decided that if I have to eat white bread, it might as well be the good kind, so I bought a homemade loaf from the bakery, the kind that comes in a brown paper bag and smells amazing and I have to say, it's yummy! It's so fresh and with the fancy jelly I bought (I can have jelly, just not jam...weird, huh?) it's soooo good! If I have it with a cup of tea, it reminds me of a snack I would have eaten at my Nanny Gillmore's house growing up! Mmmm!! I'm off work tomorrow and Friday and have some sewing projects planned for tomorrow. I'm going to need something to distract me from my hunger! Hope everyone is having a good week!

3 comments:

bcode said...

Maybe you could think of it as a purifying fast, and concentrate on all the negative energy you are expelling by not eating.

And if it's any consolation (and I'm sure it's not, but maybe it will make you smile) I've been on a reduced diet myself just out of sheer laziness. All I have in the apartment is some multigrain tostitos, some peanut butter, and half a box of dry cereal. I've been eating combinations of these three items for three dinners now. Shhh, don't tell my grandmother.

Good luck Cari!!

Kristi Drennan said...

I hope things are going well. You're such a trooper and anyone who can change their diet the way you have this past year can totally do a few days. You're a strong girl!

Kat said...

Hang in there, you're a trooper!
I hope your exam goes well. :)