Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just so that you know...

Colonoscopy and endoscopy are behind me (pardon the pun!). Okay, so Thursday and Friday and were a bit rough. Actually Thursday day wasn't so bad but by Thursday night I was pretty hungry and had a REALLY hard time drinking 2L of that disgusting drink that you have to drink. Then Friday, I was starving and had a really bad headache from not eating. Then I had to drink another litre of that disgusting drink which was tough again. Once I finally got to actually go in for the procedure, it was easy...I don't remember anything once they put the IV for the sedative in my arm, until I woke up in recovery and felt STARVING again!!! They finally fed me a sandwich, some juice and a tea and once I had that in me, I was fine. Totally felt back to normal. I really don't function well without food!! Anyway, the doctor said that everything looked fine, just have to wait to get back some results from the lab, but that doctor thinks it'll all be ok. Basically means that my belly aches are solely from eating foods that make me sick. That's good news and helps to remind me that the restricted diet I follow is worth it! Just want to say a special thanks to Stacey who came over on Thursday night with a card, homemade spaghetti sauce and gluten and dairy free muffins and cookies for me to look forward to having after everything was over. It totally cheered me up, as I was feeling a bit blue at that point! Thanks Stace!!!!!:)

4 comments:

Clotilde said...

Good to hear you made it and feel better now! I can see how hard the starving part would be! Congrats on making it!

bcode said...

Congratulations Cari! Nice work. That's great that everything looked fine!!

Kristi Drennan said...

Well I'm glad that's all over with! I'm proud of you! I was suppose to do that and I chickened out. Cheers to awesome health...you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

I bet it does feel good to have that behind you. Makes a regular day seem pretty damn good. I am so glad that everything looks O.K. Take care, eat right, and feel good.

Love CS