Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News!

I have a new job! I am going to be an Assistant Coordinator for an after school program. I have been really wanting to use my degree again (considering the student loan payments, I think I should at least be working in the field!!!) and I'm excited about this opportunity! I think it'll be a good job to get on my resume and hopefully benefit me down the road. I don't start until my birthday, so still a couple of weeks away, but I am going to a staff meeting this Friday, so I'll meet everyone there. I was a little sad to tell my current boss about leaving, but she understood and hopefully, we'll keep in touch. The clinic has been the perfect job for my first year in Australia, but now that I am feeling more settled, I am ready to have something a bit more challenging. My new job will include a lot of admin duties, helping to oversee 20 staff members and I'll be part of the program planning and all the fun stuff that makes the centre a good place for staff and kids. It's all school aged children between the ages of 5 and 12 yrs, which I think will be awesome! I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Clotilde said...

Congrats! I'm really happy for you!

Selena said...

Congrats on the job. I hope it's all you want it to be!!!

Kristi Drennan said...

Congrats! You'll be sooo awesome at that job!

Missa's adventures said...

That is amazing! You really are great with kids and I'm sure you will do a wonderful job. If I can help you in any way let me know! Congrats!