Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Jesse, Jesse Jay!

Jesse has become quite the little escape artist. Not only has he officially figured out how to open the gate in our front yard but yesterday he found a way to get out the backyard as well. Awhile back, I heard him barking and went to check on him and just as I was going down the front stairs, he opened the gate with his nose and took off after the neighbor's cat. I ran after him and caught him right away. Then yesterday, I didn't go to work until 2 pm (very rarely that happens) and was just getting ready to leave when I heard a lot of noise coming from the backyard. I went to see what it was and found Jesse stomping through sticks and leaves in the very back part of the yard. Just as I was about to call him, he slipped through a hole in the fence and was in the neighbor's driveway. I called after him and ran to grab him. You couldn't see the hole from our yard, it was hidden by bushes, but Jesse managed to find it...Steve had even carefully checked the fencing when we first moved in. Can I just say that we have been so lucky that I just happened to be home and caught him both times in the act when he got out?? Jesse isn't on a mission to escape but stumbles upon these things and then gets curious. He has no street smarts at all and we do live by a very busy area. I'm hoping everything is secure now and there's nowhere that he can get out. I'm telling ya, he makes us worry! Good thing he's so darn cute!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh Jeddie...tells your mudder you wanna explore. You want trips??? Want trips? Jedddddieeeeee!

Cari said...

LOL!!!