Friday, April 04, 2008

Gardening Woes

I think it's time I face the fact that gardening is just not a strength of mine! I love plants and flowers but have the gardening skills of a slug. Clo gave me the most adorable plant for Easter and I have tried so hard to water it, make sure it's getting the right amount of light, etc...seriously I followed the directions that came with it perfectly and look at what it looks like at the moment (pic below)... :(
I have lots of other plants that while they don't die, they don't exactly thrive either. I'm pretty sure my plants in Montreal didn't grow for the whole 4 years that we lived there. They just stayed the same. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I need to name them and start talking to them?! My Mom is the gardening queen, but obviously, I didn't get any of that ability in my blood! So sorry about the plant Clo! Maybe there's hope for it coming back? I won't give up yet!!!
My "skills" aren't just limited to indoor plants. Awhile back, I weeded this garden and planted wild flower seeds. The only thing that grew back...more weeds. I partly blame Jesse for this though. As soon as I planted the seeds, he decided to start using the garden as his bed and not only laid in it daily but rolled vigorously in it as well. Poor little seedings didn't stand a chance. I think I'll go bake something to cheer myself up...


2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

you should get those miracle grow sticks...you just stick em in the dirt and it should help...if you haven't done that already. Hope you baked something good!

Clotilde said...

I think you give too much love to your plants, that's why they die! You have to forget to water them more often! ;) And I agree with your girlfriend, Miracle Grow can do lots...

The plant I gave you is a mums and I think I've killed a few of those myself in Canada. But maybe not as fast as you did! :)