Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quick Update

I haven't had a lot of chance to post lately, but I thought I'd share a quick little update. We had a good first weekend with Steve's Mom. Saturday we went to Southbank and checked out the market and had lunch. We walked home through the city, went to the Botanical gardens and checked out the large downtown shopping centre. A full day of walking and touring the city! On Sunday, we went to Steve's 1/2 marathon and then spent the afternoon with Jesse at Shelly beach. Yesterday, I worked but Steve had the day off and he and his Mom went to Lone Pine, the Koala Sanctuary and saw creatures of all kinds. They both really enjoyed it. When we're not out exploring, we're cooking and eating yummy meals and catching up. It's been nice. I have a few photos to post from the weekend, just as soon as I get the time. I start a rock climbing course tonight, which goes from 6 to 9 pm, so it probably won't get done today! I'm looking forward to the course. There's an amazing outdoor rock climbing place here, right by the Brisbane river and I've been wanting to try it since we moved here. I have also been wanting to join something to meet some more people and get in shape, so rock climbing seemed like the perfect thing! The course goes for 6 weeks and is every Tuesday night for 3 hours. They teach you everything you need to know to rock climb on your own, so if I like it, I'm hoping Steve and I will be able to make it a new hobby...seems like a fun way to get in shape while having fun! I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow though!! I'll let you know how it goes! That wee little picture is a pic I took off the website of the climbing place. It shows you where we'll be doing the course. I just love the idea of rock climbing outside! The view from there is pretty spectacular as well, so I'll try to get some of my own pics over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Clotilde said...

Cool for the course! I've always wanted to do the Kangaroo Point climb by night...

Remember the bug spray though... 6:00 p.m. seems to be mosquito time at our place.

And watch out for snakes!

Kat said...

Good job!
Sounds like lots of fun! :)Can't wait to hear all about it!