Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Keeping Busy

I'm not sure what seems to keep us so busy, but time seems to be flying!!! I find it impossible to believe that it's the middle of April already! Steve's Mom is coming to visit us this week! She arrives on Friday and it seems like just yesterday that she was talking about coming and it was still months away! We're really looking forward to her visit and have lots of fun things planned! In the meantime, before she gets here, Steve and I have been doing a few projects around the house. We're refinishing the table and chair set that we have and also fixing up some chairs that we found on the curb. It's fun but I'm impatient and just want everything done and perfectly placed in the house already! I've learned that I love working on things but prefer the things I work on to be day projects...I just don't have the patience to wait weeks for something to be done! Steve says that I have learn to appreciate the process more than the outcome. Okay, maybe but.......I'm not sure how well I'd do a renovating a whole house! I took some pictures of the projects in action, so I'll post those soon. Hopefully, not too much longer and we'll at least have the table finished!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

I'm like you. I like a day project. I like the satisfaction of starting it and having it finished within a few hours. Otherwise my motivation goes away. But (and this will hurt me badly to say) Steve is right...you have to appreciate the process. It's just one of many lessons in developing patience.