Sunday, March 18, 2007

Noosa...

Yesterday, we rented this car and went to an area called Noosa. It's about a 2 hour drive from Brisbane and it is AMAZING. It's by far my favorite place here, yet! It reminded me of where we stayed in Hawaii, with shops and restaurants right off the beach, but WAY nicer! There were SO many beaches! Steve and I decided that he'll become a freelance artist and we'll move to Noosa and I'll work in some quaint little shop on the beach and we'll be modern day hippies and Steve will grow his hair long and I'll wear lots of long flowy skirts...Anyway, just for fun, we did look at what a place would cost there...Yeah. We're not moving there anytime soon! We spent the day walking around, hanging on the beach, swimming, enjoyed lunch and dinner out, and I even got to have some gelati because it was dairy free! We didn't even get to the area Steve really wanted to see (Noosa National Park). There is so much to see there...we're hoping to go back in a couple of weekends. If anyone comes to visit, we're definitely going to have to spend a weekend here!
Spending the day at the beach yesterday really made me realize how fortunate we are to have this opportunity to live in such an amazing place! It really is fantastic here...That big hill of trees is the National Park.
Hastings Street...where all the shops and restaurants were.
More shops.
There were wild turkeys everywhere!


4 comments:

George said...

You did that on purpose didn`t you.....showing us beach pics!

(sigh)

Nice shots.....keep them coming.

Geo

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures guys. I'm getting jealous because we just got more snow on Friday/Saturday! Starting to look forward to the spring!


Stacey

Anonymous said...

Make sure you remember the directions for when I come visit! Awesome views!

Anonymous said...

I loved Noosa.I remember going there..vaguely. I think I spent a few days actually. It was cool place but I couldnt swim cause of the boxed Jelly fish.. urgh! Just got back from SA so, catching up on the blogs. Is jessie arriving soon? xx Jolyne