Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Back to work...


It's actually been a pretty busy week! I had my second training day on Monday at my new job and all went well. Since then I have started working what will be my usual 9 to 3 shift. I was by myself yesterday and today and so far it's going good. I think I'm going to really enjoy working there. The people are super nice and it's a very calm work environment (nothing like the daycare!). It's taking me some time though to get used to just being back to work. It feels like forever since I have had to get up and be at work by a certain time! It's definitely going to take me some time to adjust again, but it's nice to have something to wake up and do each day! Other than that, all is going well. The weather is starting to cool off a bit. The evenings get pretty chilly...well chilly by Australia standards, but the temp definitely drops at night and first thing in the morning. I even wore a sweater to work the other morning! The days are still warm though...it kind of reminds me of the end of summer in Canada, when the days are warm but the evenings cool off. Considering if you look through the floors in our house, you can see outside, it gets pretty chilly inside too! We're already planning to get an extra blanket for the bed. We've become total babies...how will we ever go back to a Canadian winter?! I'm going to buy a thermometer for outside so I know what the temp is and then I'll let you know...Oh! and one more thing...The lady who owns the kennel where Jesse is staying sent us some beautiful pics of Jes the other day, but for some reason I'm having a lot of problems with posting pics right now. I posted just one for now but hopefully, I'll be able to put more up soon. Until then...I'm off to to bed...6:30 comes early when you're used to sleeping until 8...or later!;)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Nice pic of him! I like the new title of your blog...

Anonymous said...

I agree wit kat, that is a beautiful picture of Jesse! I'm stealing this photo too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Cari. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new position and it's a great way to meet new people!!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Well done with your return to the working life Cari ;-)

Paul.