Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just cause I can post again! Yeah internet!


Seeing as I have been a little out of the whole blogging world for awhile, I will fill you in on what's been happening with us. Let's see...

- I have been looking for a job. I have applied to many places in the last few days, including a job as receptionist at Steve's work...we'll see if I hear anything back from anyone.

- I saw my naturopath who specializes in nutrition and got the results from my blood tests and my 30 page write up on what I have to do to get healthy. It mostly consists of following a certain diet, in hopes of getting everything that is low (there are a lot of things that are low, including my iron and almost all my "B" levels) up. The diet basically consists of 3 balanced meals a day, each having a starch, protein and fibre. Balanced snacks when hungry. I also have to eat red meat 5 nights a week to help my iron and seafood everyday (to up my magnesium levels). I'm supposed to have 3 pieces of fruit a day and NO sugar and nothing processed. I am also not allowed to have any dairy products right now, at least until the results comes back saying if I am sensitive to it. It's actually not a very hard diet to follow, just a very healthy way of eating. Steve's doing it to, mostly just because we don't like to make 2 meals. I also have a few supplements that I have to take, to help the process along. I go back to see her in 4 weeks, at which time she'll look at the food diary that I am keeping and we'll change anything that might not be working. I am very optimistic that this is going to make me feel better. The naturopath said that if we're on the right track, I should be feeling less tired and have less tummy aches after I eat, in only just 4 weeks. So, we'll see...This was one of my goals for when we moved here...find out right away what makes me feel so tired and what causes my stomach pains after eating. Hopefully, we are on the right track and I'll be feeling normal again before I know it! Oh, and I also have to gain 3 kg of muscle. I'm hoping the walking I do everyday will help and I also want to join a yoga class, once I get a job. There is actually a fitness centre right up the street from us, with a pool and gym equipment that we might consider joining. We have a 7 days free pass, to see if we like it.

- We just found out that Jesse won't be able to fly out of Canada on April 4th as hoped, because of the Easter weekend. He'll now be leaving Canada on April 18th. I was disappointed to hear that, but I guess at this point, what's one more week or so? I really miss him a lot though:( I can't wait to have him here. The lady at the kennel said he's doing very well though and that he loves playing in the snow. He better enjoy that while he's got it! I posted a pic of me and him, just cause...

- The weather has been just beautiful here. Sunny and very humid. I'm not complaining about the heat though! For us, this is a great way to spend the month of March!

- And that's it. Steve is doing well and didn't have anything to add to this, so...it's all good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you went to see a doctor about your tummy aches! I guess now is the perfect time to get things accomplished 'cause once you have a job you'll have less time! Glad to hear about your getting internet...I promise to bring a camera the next time I visit Jesse so that I can send you pics of your gorgeous puppy! The weather this week has been terrible...it's really freezing especially with the wind chill, so I'm basically waiting for a warmer day so that I can take Jess out to play!
Keep in touch...The blog is back and runnin' YAY!!!!