Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kurth Kiln Regional Park

On our drive into the park we saw this little wombat by the side of the road. We were pretty excited and stopped to take his picture, but he was more interested in scratching his bum and eating grass than getting his picture taken. He refused to look at us. Snobby wombat!
We went for a lovely walk in the woods. We only did about an hour walk, but it was really peaceful and good for the soul!
Jesse loved it!
It was very green and smelled like fresh rain. Bliss.

Wombat homes.
Jesse has a few very strange obsessions. One is that he likes to hump blankets, especially when he's hyper. The other is that whenever he goes in a steam, he wants you to toss stones in the water. He stares you down intensely until you throw rocks up and down the stream. He never catches any, although he has chipped 2 teeth playing this game. Luckily for him, I've learned to throw the rocks with better aim in the last 8 years!





It took Jesse a long time to decide if bumming orange from me was worth leaving the water. Water is the only thing that trumps food in Jesse's world.
The autumn colors are really bright and colorful now and everywhere around Melbourne. I feel like I should be starting my Christmas shopping, not heading into July and August! I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the backward seasons here!

This past weekend was a real eye opener for me as far as leaving work. Even the smallest amount of exercise or outing leaves me feeling completely wiped out. I recuperate with lots of naps and down time and am feeling better with each day. I see now that taking the time off work was the best thing I could do. Working everyday, and trying to live my life left no time for proper resting, which is clearly what I do need right now. I'm thankful that we are able for me to take some time off and feel good again. There really is nothing better than lying down when you need to, having lots of time and energy to cook healthy meals and go for walks without feeling like it's taking what little energy I have left. My spirits are definitely picking up!:)

3 comments:

heather said...

good to hear you are starting to feel better cari.:)

Shan said...

Glad you're starting to feel better, Care! Could you please send me your mailing address via facebook? Thanks! :o)

Tracey said...

Oh, I love that time of year. It is not that time of year here of course. Just one more reason to live vicariously through you. And, I am glad that I am feeling a wee bit vicariously better. :)