Saturday, April 10, 2010

So I made red velvet cupcakes...

...except instead of making this recipe, I made this recipe. I figured you can't go wrong with a cupcake recipe from New York's Magnolia Bakery. Except, I've never been there, so really, I have no idea, but I have heard it's amazing. Anyone been? Anyhoo, so I made the recipe and it was red and a wee bit strange. Lots of mixing 2 random ingredients together (like mixing the salt with the milk) and then adding it to the batch and mixing again, sometimes for a long time, sometimes for a short time.
And, as it turns out, they're not really that good. I think they baked okay, I just didn't really like them. I thought I would, but I don't and now have 24 red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing that I don't really love. Oh well, now I know and it did help to pass a very relaxing Saturday evening.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend! xo

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Well that's disappointing. What the heck are they talking about at RVA then? Maybe they found a really good recipe or something or other???

Tracey said...

That IS disappointing. I always love the look of red velvet, but have never tasted one I like.

Lick the frosting off and enjoy your Sunday.