Monday, April 05, 2010

Leftovers

We have a lot of leftovers from the Easter dinner we had yesterday. I can't believe I actually worried that we wouldn't have enough food! We decided to make an old fashioned favorite...hash, as my Mom calls it, for dinner tonight. I remember that my Mom used to make it with leftovers when I was a kid but I wasn't quite sure how to do it. So, I googled "hash recipe". Would you believe that a leftovers fry up of veggies wasn't the first recipe that came up?;)
Anyway, once I rummaged through the many recipes for illegal drugs, I found this helpful recipe, although, you really don't need a recipe. Steve cooked some fresh onion in olive oil, threw in some diced up leftover vegetables (potato, green beans and carrot), and ham and cooked until hot. Then he sprinkled in some fresh black pepper, salt and a little chilli spice to give it some kick. It was yummy! And now I won't need to feel guilty about wasting half a bag of carrot, potato and beans!

No comments: