Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Keeping Busy

So, I still haven't found a job. Although, it's been tough to really look without internet at home. I've gone into Steve's work a few times and applied for a few jobs, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm being pretty picky about what I apply for, as I really want to find something I like. To be honest, I have really been enjoying my time off! I'm really good at keeping busy! It's been an awesome opportunity to do all the things I have been wanting to do but didn't have the time for! I've been sewing like crazy, painting, gardening, crafting and I even FINALLY organized all my recipes and addresses, which I have been seriously planning to do for 5 years now!
This is my sidekick. For some reason, he loves laying on my yoga mat. He's so cute...he doesn't stray far from my side during the day...
He keeps a close watch on me while I work...
I've even been cooking! It's the perfect weather for soups and stews here, so I've been making that stuff for lunches.
But mostly I've been baking! I realized that my banana bread recipe makes great banana muffins and therefore bake much faster than the cake!

If anyone out there in blogger world loves me and ever wants to send me a present from Canada, this would be my request:
~ Graham crackers
~ Butterscotch chips
~ Jello instant pudding, lemon flavored
~ Marshmallows (Plain and colored)

I have so many recipes I would like to make and you can't get these things here!

So, all this time off has been so refreshing and good for my soul! I actually feel ready to go back to work and look forward to getting out and meeting some people. Fingers crossed that something good comes along soon!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

I'll do my best to send you some! I'm going to try to send your current parcel this week. I was gonna do it before I went to Winnipeg but it didn't work out! I'll see what I can sneak into your package.