Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I've been doing...

I've been feeling creative lately and am putting that feeling to work. We bought 2 white lamps a year ago and lately they've been looking pretty grimy and blah, so I decided to spice them up. I'm really happy with how they turned out! It was super easy, just needed some fabric, ribbon and fabric glue. The lamp before is above. The lamp after is below...
It looks really cool when it's turned on and the light shines through. Anyway, I bought way too much fabric (you could only get it by the metre), so to use up some of the extra, I decided to make a wreath for the front door. Something to help attract the positive chi into the house (I've been reading about feng shui!). Just added a bit of other fabric, courtesy of one of Steve's shirts that doesn't fit him anymore and one of my old dresses...

...and voila! It doesn't get wet because our door is covered. It was put to the test last night in the heavy rain. Now, the next project on my list is to refinish a table and chair set that I bought off my old boss for $10. I've been wanting to do it for awhile and just haven't. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...



2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! You are so talented and creative. I especially love the lamp...

Kristi Drennan said...

OH I love it love it! How is the feng shui going? You make me want to go do a fun project and do feng shui and drink herbal tea. Very inspiring you are friend! Keep it up I love it!