Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dog Beach...Woof!

Steve and I found a dog beach where we can take Snugs to swim. It's exactly 19 minutes away (I timed it). Jesse loves it...of course. We try to get him there at least once a week for a good swim. It helps to keep him clean and flea free, which has unfortunately, for the first time ever in his 6 years been a problem. Not a serious one, we've kept a close eye on it, but still we have seen a few, even with his monthly Sentinel. Guess it's to be expected when your dog stays outside all day and most of the evening. Plus, it's been spring and summer here, so it's flea season. I took these pics awhile ago, on one of our trips to the beach. The above pic is of Jesse and his sidekick buddy. Together they fight evil and rescue fallen dog treats. At least that's what Steve thinks...



The park that the beach is on is called "Pelican Park" and so, as the name states, there are Pelicans everywhere. A park person was feeding them on this particular day that we were there. They are such a large bird! I LOVE watching them move and fly!






3 comments:

Clotilde said...

"Together they fight evil and rescue fallen dog treats"

I love it! Maybe Pandemic should make a game about them...

Kat said...

What an incredible place to go! Is it 19 min. by foot or by car?
Such amazing creatures!

Kristi Drennan said...

again another one I missed!! I'm glad they have a beach for Jesse! That's just the aussie way I guess!