Friday, February 15, 2008

Sugar bugs

Yesterday was by far the sweetest Valentine's Day EVER! Sweet in that Steve gave me an adorable card and a facial and we went out for a yummy V'Day brekky, but mostly sweet in that I have never eaten that much sugar in one day ever. I actually had cookies and cupcakes for lunch. I have NEVER done that EVER. I felt disgusting! Especially since I usually don't eat a whole lot of sugar...I really felt it. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who eat junk and drink things like pop everyday and feel like that all the time. Ick. I had a monster salad for dinner, I've been drinking dandelion tea to detox and Steve and I took Jesse on a 45 minute super walk this morning to work off the junk. I'm just finally getting rid of my sugar headache and icky tummy. I seriously can't believe how badly sugar overload can make you feel when you're not used to having it! I can see why people have sugar withdrawl when they first start low GI diets. You're body really reacts to that crap!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

Yeah so I'm totally getting some tea if it's okay for me! I sent you that cookie recipe to facebook! I hope you love em! It's fun to have cookies that are actually good for you! Or at least half good for you.