Monday, July 16, 2007

Less then a week to go....

Well, I'm down to the final week before the 10km fun walk/run. I registered last night on line so I'm all set. Now all that’s left is renting a car and getting my ass to the event. I was able to squeeze out 20.5 km of running last week. I've trimmed 2 minutes from my 4.5 km time to 27 minutes 37 seconds. Included in the 20.5 km was a 10 km run I did on Thursday, look me 1 hour 4 minutes, so that’s the time I'll try to beat this Sunday. This morning I weighed in at 204, I was 224 when I got to Brisbane. 24 pounds left till I hit my goal. The big mile stone will be when I weigh in under 200, I haven’t been under 200 pounds since I was born it seems......my poor mother...
I think next year I might look into doing duathlons, there seems to be a healthy amount of events in and around Brisbane, plus I really miss riding, looking at Georges blog makes me weepy for a bike again.


Steve

2 comments:

MacPurdys said...

Good luck Steve! Good job Mate!

George said...

Right on Dude! I`m waiting on a race recap. I gotta admit that your ability to drop weight so fast is definitely making me envious.

FTR - I weighed in at 200.8 pounds yesterday morning so I STILL cannot break that barrier.

Go get em at the race. Good luck. Thanks to you I decided to jump back into running and picked up some New Balance shoes. Gonna hit the treadmill tomorrow before the TdeF coverage since it`s gonna be a rainy day.

Went mtbing tonight now that Bikes + has a club mtb ride. We do the easy paths of Shubie Park although there are some technical secondary trails if one is so inclined. I didn`t fall tonight so that`s a good thing. Sure wish I would have bought that Trek you were selling several years ago...my old Schwinn is, well, old!

Keep up the good work.

Geo