Sunday, July 15, 2007

Highlights of another weekend...

We had a pretty quiet and relaxing weekend...just want I needed. On Saturday, we took the City Cat (transport on the river) to an area of the city called Bulimba and had breakfast. I fell in love with this area. For those of you who know Montreal, it reminded me a lot of Pointe Claire Village. We're actually thinking that it would be area we might want to live in. There's some really cute houses around there and rent is reasonable. The only thing is that it won't be as central as where we are now and it will require us depending on the water ferry for transit, which could actually be kind of cool. We just have to decide exactly what we want and go from there. Anyway, on the boat going to Bulimba, we saw 2 dolphins! It was pretty cool. They were swimming in the river and the Captain slowed down and told us some facts about them. We paid a lot of money to see dolphins in Hawaii and here, we saw them just going from one side of the river to the other, for only $2.70 each! After brekky, we did a little more walking around the city, then Jeff and Vic came over for dinner and we went to see Harry Potter. We've been seeing quite a few movies lately. We saw Knocked Up last week, which I loved! Very funny. We also saw Transformers, which I liked more than I expected to. I'm actually pretty impressed with how fast movies are coming out here. I had heard that they come out later down under than in other parts of the world, but so far, we haven't found that at all. So... that brings us to today...I was hoping to call a few people, since it feels like FOREVER since I've talked to anyone, but by the time we woke up (we slept in) and made pancakes (buckwheat with mixed berries and real Canadian Maple syrup)...it was too late Canada time to call. The time change is making casual phone calls pretty tricky. So, we did some cleaning, some laundry, got groceries, walked the pooch and now we're cooking dinner...well Steve's cooking dinner...Thai...my favorite! The weather has been really nice during the days. Kind of like a perfect fall day in Canada. Sunny with just a slight chill in the air. Evenings are still pretty chilly, but hopefully it'll be warming up soon!

The breakfast menu had a "Canadian Breakfast" on it. This is apparently, what a Canadian breakfast looks like...2 fried eggs, bacon, 2 pancakes with maple syrup.

Steve has a "boy-band beard"!That's what he calls it. I really like it...I think it suits him. He hasn't decided if he likes it yet. It looks even better when he's actually smiling!

The side view of the facial hair.
Some pics of the dolphins that we saw. Glad we had the camera with us! I promised myself that I would always carry it with me after last week when we were walking home from the movies and there was a possum sitting perfectly on a garbage can looking right at us and I didn't have the camera to photograph him!









3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

So much to say. First..it has been my life long dream and it will happen some day...to see a dolphin! And you just got to see it on the ferry! Soo fun! Glad you had your camera. Love that they have a Canadian brekky! That's cute. I've been craving pancakes lately. But mine involve chocolate chips...not so good for me. Maybe I'll do blueberries instead to make myself feel better. Third...love the little facial hair on Steve. Steve it makes your jaw look chizzled with all that noticable weight gone! When I get rich I'm coming to see you guys! Miss u! (sorry more cari then steve...I mean we just don't fight as much ha ha ha)

MacPurdys said...

Nice beard ... are you trying out to be a replacement for ZZ Top or just heading to the bush country .. Mate!

cheers
Darryl

Anonymous said...

I've never seen dolphins out in the wild like that! It must have been beautiful :)
I hope you have luck finding a place you love! The area you mentioned sounds quaint and the ferry boat reminds me of Grey's Anatomy!