Sunday, July 22, 2007

56:06

Well today was the Jetty to Jetty fun Walk/Run, I had an awesome time, it was a well run event and there was a great turn out (over 2000 people). I had 2 goals going into this event, first, finish the event, and second, do it within 56 minutes.
I met both my goals, with a finish time of 56:06 (8 minutes less then the last time I ran 10km). I felt good at the end, I kept a conservative pace for the first 5 km, then picked it up at the end. It was a looped course, so after the 5 km marker I knew what to expect for the rest of the run. I think I held back a little too much at the begining, but it was my first race on a route that I had never done before, so overall I'm really happy. I'm doing a 12 km race in 2 weeks, it's the annual Bridge to Brisbane race (http://www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au/). I'm really looking forward to it. 2 weeks after that I want to do the Viridian Noosa Half Marathon, I won't be doing the half Marathon, I'll stick to their 10 km event.

If you look closely at my shoe you can see a black thingie under the laces, that's the gizmo they used to track our time.

Me waiting for the event to begin, freezing my nads off.


Coming into the home stretch, feeling good.

After the run, having some melon and a drink of water.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Congrats Steve!
Run Forrest run!

Anonymous said...

YaY! Way to go...I don't want to brag or anything, but I can run 10 km in 40 minutes! jk...I think you would have to scrape me off the floor if I ever tried!
Congrats :O)

George said...

Atta boy! Well Done! The timing chips are cool. We had ones for the IG Sprint Triathlon. Ain`t technology grand!

Hmmm......looks like you laid down a pretty good finishing sprint at the end. Sweet!

Geo

MacPurdys said...

Ah, Steve!! We're so proud! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats steve, thats no easy task, now you need to aim for sub 50 and you're well on your way.

Kristjan