Sunday, July 29, 2007

Going up...

Yesterday, Steve, Jeff and I went to Main Range National Park, which is about an hour and a half outside Brisbane. We went bushwalking...a 12.4 km hike up and down a mountain. 6.2 km up and 6.2 km down. It was beautiful. Amazing view. Worth the trek to the top.



Steve having a peaceful, at one moment with nature...
The trees were quite big!
Jeff living the Tarzan dream. There were a lot of vines...it was pretty cool.
Left, right, left, right.


A very straight tree.
A very curly tree.
A very high view.



There was a forbidden area that of course, Steve and Jeff checked out. I was a little nervous to go in because, really...who knows what lives in there?! Anyway, on the way back down the mountain, I had to pee so bad that spiders and snakes be damned...I entered the forbidden area to pee...it was the only potential place to go...or hold it for 2 hours, which was not happening! I don't think I have ever peed so fast!
This is the fobidden place...it was kind of like a cave. I didn't see anything crawly though, not that I'm complaining! Steve and Jeff saw a walaby, right on the walking path...I missed it because I was back a bit photographing a tree. Stupid tree. Anyway, I did see my first wild kangaroo, unfortunately, he was road kill....not sure if that counts....
What's in here............?





3 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

As always I love all of your pictures. I'm so jealous that you are there getting to see this stuff! You guys are so great for going on adventures. Matt and I really can't yet...no extra moola! So I love seeing what's up! Fabulous life! And I LOVE the "made it to the top kiss" picture

Kat said...

Looks like a nice place, esp. the curly tree pic.!

Anonymous said...

Before I read the caption I thought the curly tree was a snake!
I can't imagine a kangaroo as road kill...it must be huge!