Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunday

Yesterday Steve and I went to the outdoor market they have every Saturday and Sunday. It's really close to where we're staying (Vic's place). I bought a new sundress. Sundresses seem to be a staple if you're living in Brisbane and you're a girl:) Then we went and did a little shopping. We have started buying things for when we get our own place. It's amazing how much stuff you need to get for an apartment. I never really realized because I collected everything gradually over the years, but it's a lot to get at once! Yesterday the weather was perfect. Not too hot, hardly any humidity and sunny. Although, Steve and I were also saying that maybe it's just that we're getting used to the heat, but still it definitely wasn't as humid! Let's hope the week will be much the same. Here's a couple of pics taken yesterday of Steve and I at the waterfront downtown. This is the Brisbane river behind us and the bridge that goes to Kangaroo Point. We are thinking that if we can't find a house to rent in the neighborhoods surrounding Steve's work, then we might look just across this bridge. It's not too far. We could walk it easily and there is always the water ferry.

4 comments:

MacPurdys said...

Hey! Shopping....you can never go wrong with shopping. Even if it's for home essantials! I've cut myself off...no shopping for a while.

Well, good luck with the apartment hiding. Maybe you'll have better luck this week. But, I don't know...we went to see Jesse yesterday and I think he's pretty happy where he's at!! :)

And love all the pictures. It looks beautiful and I like the kangaroos!

Stac

Anonymous said...

The pics look awesome! The area looks good too, nice place to live...

Anonymous said...

Looks great guys.

Anonymous said...

That last post was from Paul (me) by the way.