Saturday, February 24, 2007

Around our house...

Well, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to post. We still don't have internet at home. It will be hooked up on March 5th. I'm actually at Vic's right now looking for work on the net. So far, I have applied for 4 jobs, all receptionist positions. I am really looking forward to starting work. I'm finding the days long, with no TV, internet and Steve at work all day. It will be nice to get out and meet some people.
We're settling in well in our house. I really like it. Very cute and cozy...the kind of place I would like to buy as our first home. We're slowly buying new furniture. We now have stuff in every room, except the living room. Once I start working, we'll start buying stuff for there. In the meantime, it's camping chairs! There is still a lot of decorating that I want to do, but slowly and surely we'll get there.
Steve and I worked outside in our yard today. It is in desperate need of a good racking. We're kicking ourselves for not taking a before and after pic! It looks really good already and we're only half done. It'll be really nice when we get it all cleaned up. I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time out there.
Tomorrow, we're going to the Australian Zoo (Steve Irwin's family's zoo) with some people from Steve's work. Should be fun! Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics.
Here's a few pics that Steve took today from around our house and yard. The above pic is of our front hall, leading to the front porch and door.

These doors are just off our bedroom and again go to the front porch. I really love having a front porch. Eventually, we're hoping to put a swing and a big hanging chair here, with lots of plants.
Since we don't have built in closets, we bought one of these for me and one for Steve. They are in the second bedroom. They work very well. Don't worry...we'll have a futon in there for guests!;)

Our new table. Looks good with our floors.
Our new bed and bedside tables. I need to get some more pillows for the bed. I like lots of big fluffy pillows.


One corner of our yard. All those plant pots were already there. I was so happy about it, it felt like they left us treasure! Now we just need to plant something cool in them. See that big pile of leaves? That's from only one part of the garden! I'm going to be stiff tomorrow from racking...I can feel it already!
The back of our house, leading into the kitchen. I love the windows in the kitchen. It's very bright, which is really nice. We need to get some outdoor furniture and a BBQ...we had baked steak for supper. It was actually really good!


8 comments:

Selena said...

So Cari is that the house, I helped you find on the net? I am really happy for the two of you that you found something. I wouldn't try to worry to much if you have to keep jessie outside. Tracy Ko had a few other people kept their dogs outside in Bridgewater even in the winter. Can't wait till you have internet again I been missing you.

Anonymous said...

the house looks great! It must be exciting to finally furnish and make it your own:) I love the table and chairs in the kitchen. It looks like a perfect fit!
can't wait until your internet is hooked up again...i've been missing you!

Anonymous said...

The house looks really nice! Can't wait'til you get internet again so we can chat on msn. Until then,take care!
Nicole

Kristie said...

I love the house! so bright and colorful!

Kristi Drennan said...

you're house is so cute!!! I love the furniture that you have so far. I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking place you found there, looks fantastic in the sun aswell.

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new home! Looks cozy!

Stacey

Kat said...

Everything looks so fresh! Love your new furniture too! Are those Jessie's toys in your closet area? :) You're such a good mommy...