Wednesday, June 14, 2006

frustrated

So after a fairly discouraging interview yesterday, in which they knew I only spoke English, yet asked that the interview be done in French and then requested that I answer some questions in French, even though the position was for someone speaking English, I am more than ready to pack my bags and leave this province. Montreal is a cool city, but I'm tired of dealing with so many closed doors, simply because I am not bilingual. It's tough and after 3 years, my brain needs a break. What I wouldn't give to see street signs in English and shop at Staples, not Bureau en Gros. I'm not saying that I'm not open to learning the language, however it isn't possible to become bilingual overnight and frankly, I want to find a job I like now, not years down the road when I finally can say that I speak French. Just voicing my frustration...
Cari

2 comments:

George said...

Go ahead! VENT!

That suxs sis. Hang in there...good things come to those who wait.

BTW - did you get your Henley "up" during the interview or afterwards?

Hope things turn around soon.

Geo

Cari said...

thanks geo...and i must admit...i think i got it up a little in the interview;)

i noticed that there is no place to comment on your blog....just wondering what's up...?

hope things are going well for you!

Cari