Friday, August 20, 2010

Procrastination

I started looking for a job today and felt so completely overwhelmed, discouraged and lost that I stopped and baked cookies instead. Job hunting is tough, but especially when you truly have no idea what you might want to do. Yes, I have a perfectly good degree that I'm sure could be put to a perfectly good use, but...I really don't know. I just know these cookies did help to cheer me up a bit. It's the easiest recipe in the world, gluten and dairy free, of course. Yes, I do know that jam has white sugar but I splurged and went for it. I haven't had the greatest week and figured I deserve a little treat! Here's the recipe:

Jam Drops

125 grams (about 1/2 cup) dairy free margarine (I used Nuttelex)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup self-raising gluten free flour (I used Orgran)

Cream the margarine and sugar together. Add egg and beat. Then mix in flour. Scoop by a teaspoon onto a cookie sheet lined with baking paper, make a little hole in the centre and add your favorite jam. I used strawberry rhubarb, a treat I haven't tasted in ages! I also ran out of self-raising flour and used just regular gluten free flour and added baking powder and they seemed to come out just fine, so it seems to be a pretty flexible recipe. Also, if you're not feeling the need to indulge, I often bake these sans jam and they are still quite yummy. Bake at about 180 C for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and ENJOY!

No comments: