Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gratitude

I've been feeling a bit discouraged the last couple of weeks. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been feeling quite tired again. It's been frustrating because I feel so much better as long as I do nothing out of my daily routine, making it difficult to balance my health and having an enjoyable life. Today, I got the results of my most recent blood work and my iron levels have not really come up, even with taking lots of iron tablets, eating lots of iron rich food and just taking good general care of myself. So, my doctor has scheduled me to go for an iron infusion, which basically means they will pump me with iron through an IV for 5 hours. I'm feeling positive about it because it may just be what I need to get my energy levels up for good. I'm optimistic about any new thing that might mean feeling strong and healthy again. Anyhoo, I don't want this post to be all about the discouraging bits, so instead I want to use this chance to be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life at this moment. Here's my current top 10 list...

1. Steve. Seriously, he's been amazing.

2. Jesse. He's been such loyal company during the days and is happy to do whatever I feel like doing. He's basically the perfect dog, even if he does indulge in Vaseline on occasion.

3. Eggs and gluten/dairy/sugar free bread. The diet I am on at the moment is very limited and doesn't leave many breakfast food ideas. This is what I eat every morning and it's so yummy, I'm thankfully not sick of it yet! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I feel it's important to wake up to something you enjoy. It helps to set the mood for the rest of the day!

4. The time I've been able to take off work to rest, relax and just breathe...

5. The friends that I am making in Melbourne that are helping me feel grounded and connected again. I really believe that those social connections are what makes a city feel like home.

6. The book club that my friend, Alida and I have started. At this stage we have about 8 fabulous ladies involved and it's such a great excuse to get together and chat. This is the book we're reading this month.

7. I have finally started watching the much talked about Madmen and yes, I'm addicted. I'm just about to finish season one. It's been a terrific way to pass some very rainy days home alone! Oh, how I love the dresses the ladies wear!

8. Natural medicine and natural medicine practitioners. I see a few and they are all so helpful, understanding and inspiring.

9. Blogs that inspire me and help me to feel connected to people all over the world.

10. Our holiday that we're taking to Yeppoon, Queensland. We leave tomorrow and this is the resort we're staying at. I know, right? Wow. AND it's calling for sun the entire 4 days we're there. I'm planning nothing but strolls on the beach, laying by the pool and of course, cheering on my hottie hubby as he does his 2nd half Ironman race:)

Life really is good.

What are 10 things you are grateful for?

All photos found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sisters and brother are on the list, for sure.