Sunday, July 05, 2009

Question...

So, I got my hair cut yesterday. I chopped my bangs off fairly short and very blunt. Last night we went out with some of Steve's co-workers and I bought myself a $17 purple eyeliner, just cause I felt like doing something fun. As I was putting on my makeup and doing my hair, I started thinking about all the things I have done that I didn't ever see myself doing 10 years ago. Things like wearing purple eyeliner and chopping my bangs short. I also thought of a couple other things. Here's a few things on my list...

~ Jumping out of a plane with two of my favorite people in Montreal for my bachelorette party. Never thought I'd skydive!

~ Hiring a stripper to come to my house for a friend's bachelorette party.

~ Moving to Montreal for a handsome boy, only for that handsome boy to lose his job and have to leave to go to Vancouver for 6 months and then Winnipeg for 2 months to work on movies, leaving me to live all alone for 8 months in a new city that didn't speak English as a first language.

~ Moving to Australia and not getting home for a visit in almost 3 years. Never saw me doing that!

~ Loving an animal so much that you pay thousands of dollars to move him to Australia with you!

~ Learning to scuba dive and getting to do it on the Great Barrier Reef! Also, diving with sharks in one of the best dive sites in Australia (Julian Rocks).

~ Getting my motorbike license and counting the days until I can get a bike and a pink helmet!

Okay, that's a few of mine. Now, it's your turn. What's something you've done that 10 years ago, you never would have thought you'd do?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about this and struggling to come up with anything I'm surprised about... I have always hoped, expected and planned to live a crazy life going adventuring overseas, doing bizarre things with my hair (e.g. dreadlocks), being intrepid and finding love. Hmmmm....

... I'm surprised at how many knee operations I've had! That's for sure. But, I don't think that counts! ;)

... maybe buying white trousers after being a goth for so long! Hehe. My 22 year old self would be shocked!

Shannon said...

Well where's the picture of the short bangs and purple eye-liner woman!?!?!

haha!

- Shan

Clotilde said...

I've been using purple eyeliner for years now and I love it! I agree with Shan though, we need a picture!

I'm surprised I ended up in Australia in a city I had never heard about until Bono bought Bioware... I'm surprised I'm riding a motorcycle to work every (nice) day. And I'm surprised I've done downhill mountain biking in Whistler, Fernie and Panorama. I'm surprised I've scuba dived with sharks (although the night dive with a shark didn't go well at all). I'm surprised my hair has been long since 2005, I've always defined myself as a short-hair girl.

OK, enough of me... more of your friends...

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

I never thought I was going to leave outside my "Mexico Lindo"! and speak everyday a different language...
Nevertheless live in the US & Australia..
Riding a helicopter around the Niagara Falls!
Driving on the other side of the street!
Speak spanglish...hahaha I always criticized it and look at me know...
ahhh and taking a nap on the bus while I'm going to work..... and waking up just right on time to get off...:) hehe
Mariana