Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to the land of the living...

It's been a rough few days. I came down with a nasty head cold, that I thought was getting better on Sunday, only to wake up feeling like I might just die yesterday. I called in sick to work and literally spent the entire day in bed. I feel much better today (not 100% but heaps better!) and much more inspired. I feel like I need to do something creative to our house. I just love blogs that inspire you to get off your butt and sew, thrift shop, whatever. Here's a couple of photos that inspired me yesterday as I lay snuggled in my cozy bed with Jesse...
Found here but I think it's originally from here.
Found here.

I think I'm finally figuring out my decorating style. Well, maybe not so much style but the feeling I like when I walk into someone's house. You know, that same kind of feeling you might have when you walk into your Grandmother's house...cozy and mismatched with really unique, random, colorful things about. I love that feeling and look, just perhaps in a more up-to-date way. I think it's really impressive when people can tie all sorts of random things they love together so that it creates a warm and beautiful space!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

Love these rooms! Sorry to hear about your nanny! :(