Friday, June 26, 2009

More company!

We've had lots of visitors since moving to Melbourne and this guy is the latest one to sleep on our air bed...
Carl has been at sea, fighting pirates since February and the Canadian war ship he's been calling home docked in Melbourne for 6 days. He was lucky to get 6 days off the boat and we were lucky to have 6 whole days to catch up with him and show him this amazing city. Carl and Steve have been friends for years (before I even met Steve). They worked together at Cycle Smith in Halifax and have been buddies ever since. We haven't seen Carl since we left Montreal, so it's been great getting to hang out!
We've been doing the usual stuff...eating, shopping (mostly motorcycle and bike shops...you know, boy shopping!), drinks, and touring the city. The weather has been awesome and Carl is pretty easy to please. After that much time on the boat, he was just happy to eat McDonalds and Subway again!
If you're wondering about the photo of me above...the light festival is on downtown. These lights make a musical vibrating noise based on the human body that stands in front of them. It's pretty cool to compare the different sounds that different bodies produce. When there are lots of people trying it, it makes quite the musical production!
A campfire in the city...also part of the light festival. It made me want to go camping!

Other than hanging with Carl, I've been keeping busy with cutting, gluing and laminating, in preparation for my first day of work on Monday. I *love* my new laminator! It's freakin' awesome! One of the best things I've ever bought!
I visited my new work on Wednesday and did a tour of the classroom. That just got my brain buzzing even more, thinking about all the things I want to do and make. It's going to be really exciting!

We're off to enjoy another beautiful day in downtown Melbourne and one of my last days of unemployment!:)

1 comment:

Clotilde said...

You guys are probably getting more visitors than you ever hoped for!!!

Good luck with Day 1 at work on Monday. Keep us posted!