Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who Knew?

Well, Jesse has struck again. I think this one may just be a winner, beating the handcream, whole bottle of vaseline and pantyhose (okay maybe not the pantyhose!). Steve discovered our camping candle shattered all over the floor under the house, where Jesse stays when we're out...the only thing...the actual candle part of the candle was missing. Jesse must have actually jumped up, knocked down the candle, broken it (it was in a ceramic holder), and then ate the large citronella candle inside. I googled it and yup, citronella candle is on the list of toxic things for your pet to ingest. So, I phoned the vet and they said to give Jesse a tablespoon of salt, mixed with just enough water to make it a paste. You have to shove it to the back of their throat and force them to swallow it and that'll induce vomiting. It took a couple of minutes but it worked! Who knew??? Jes barfed up a lot of the missing candle and the emergency vet that I spoke to said we have to keep a close eye on him throughout the night. Did I mention that I've been home sick yesterday and today with a really bad flu? That's right, Steve was left to clean up this round of puke, seeing as I only just started being able to stomach more than crackers only a few hours ago. The lady on the phone laughed when I said Jesse was 6 years old and he eats this kind of stuff. Honestly, I don't think he'll ever stop....The pic is us waiting on Jesse to vomit...fun times...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

man that sucks Cari - waiting for a dog to puke is no fun!! when George ate the dark chocolate ganache, we used a siringe of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. worked like a charm! good to know salt works.

Drennans said...

and I thought it was crazy when he ate my cookies. crazy! though funny that Steve got to clean it up!!!