Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Feelin' positive!

Ugh. I have to admit, I haven't been feeling very inspired lately. I haven't been feeling very positive overall really. I've been struggling with my energy since I started my new job, as the hours are tough (split shifts) and it makes for very long days, with not much time left over for fun and hobbies. I think feeling blah makes you less likely to do the things you enjoy and then not doing the things you enjoy makes you feel even more blah, so really it's bad either way. I haven't even been keeping up with my house the way I would like, which makes me feel even crappier. I know it's lame, but I just feel better in my space when it's clean and just the way I like it. Hence the reason why I actually enjoy cleaning! Plus, I just recently read that cleaning your house helps to decrease your stress level by like 20% or something (don't quote me on the percentage, I'm terrible at remembering the details!). Anyway, I have always found that. Cleaning your home is like cleaning your mind...they go hand and hand! So, I've decided I need to start making an effort and get back to taking the time to do the things that make me feel happy...sewing, baking, crafting (I want to start making some Christmas stuff). I started from the most obvious place, organizing and super cleaning our house! I already feel better and felt so inspired that I got Steve to take a picture of the kitchen! I even organized the cupboards...

It just makes me wanna whip up some cupcakes or bake a batch of cookies! I really like our country kitchen...it suits the old house...
Next on my agenda...I really want to make my sewing area a cozy little inspirational space...I have a few ideas, just need to put the plan in motion! Man, I really do feel more positive today! Here's to getting a better attitude, less complaining and more happy thoughts!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

Seriously...I feel that if your kitchen is in order (especially when you wake up in the morning) then the rest of your day and life flows from there. When it's a mess...there's a domino affect. I like that cleaning does that de-stressing. I believe it. I just cleaned up and now I feel like I can do other things with my day. I hope you can find a new job with better hours.