Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A no picture post...

We had a long weekend this past weekend (the Queen's birthday). Steve had to go into work a bit, as things are really starting to get busy for him. I relaxed during the days, did some stuff around the house and tried to get rid of yet another cold that I have caught. I bragged about never being sick and then ended up with 2 colds in a month. The last one ended up as a sinus infection, involving antibiotics, so this time I am determined not to let it get too bad. Lots of echineacha, vitamin C and I went for an acupuncture appointment and am now taking Chinese herbs. I think the exhaustion of adjusting to my difficult new work hours has completely run me down. Anyway, what can ya do?
Although, I wasn't feeling at my very best, we did manage to have a pretty active social life, with dinner at Darryl and Stacey's on Saturday night, a BBQ in the park with my friend, Kristy and her husband, Steve on Sunday and a dinner party at Jeff's place on Monday evening. We had a great time at all 3 dinners and enjoyed the food everywhere! Needless to say, I am needing a serious detox! I'm considering doing a real detox, just need to find a good detox plan to follow. Anyone know of any good books about detoxing? I don't want to starve myself or anything, just want a good plan to follow for a couple of weeks, to help build my immune system back up and all that good stuff.
In other news, we got a new laptop yesterday! It's very nice, if I must say so myself! We were in need of it, as our current laptop was on it's last legs and seeing as the laptop is our TV, phone, radio and basically our only contact to the outside world, I wasn't going to wait until it died completely!!! Maybe I'll take a picture of it and post it later, to help spruce up this post! I can't believe we went to all those get togethers and didn't snap a single picture...I'm definitely slacking in the blog department!

4 comments:

Clotilde said...

Nice post Cari! And congrats on the new laptop!

Here's an article I read on detox: http://www.coupdepouce.com/Sante/nutrition/cure-et-jeune-miracle-ou-danger-n257712p3.html

I have the paper copy at home if you want me to send it over through Rej.

Kristi Drennan said...

Yay a new laptop! That's super exciting!! Sometimes a good 24 hour fast is a great detox and it's really good for the mind and spirit.

Anonymous said...

order tramadol online without prescription tramadol hcl for migraines - buy tramadol online reviews

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine without rx buy phentermine online in uk - phentermine no exercise