Monday, June 23, 2008

BBQ in the park...

...one of my favorite Aussie things to do! Yesterday's bbq was in New Farm Park. Hunter, one of the guys that works at Pandemic, is moving back to Florida, so there was a little farewell get- together. It was a nice day and right now as I sit in my house typing this with freezing fingers, I have to remind myself that just yesterday and the day before we were saying how lucky we are that this is considered winter. I will just add that it's 8 degrees in our house this morning (IN our house!) and we have no heat. Moving on...
Food was good, company was good...

Carson, another guy from Pandemic brought his English Mastiff. He's about 180 pounds and has about another 40 pounds to still grow! The amount of raw food that he eats in one day lasts Jesse about a week! Carson brought him over from Canada...can you imagine the size of his travel crate?! He was so friendly and playful! He wanted to play with this little dog, but the little guy decided to tell the big guy off! It was pretty funny!

"Excuse me, I'm going to take this call in the tree."
The boys tossed the ball around...
...Shamus enjoyed the sports! Fun times.

In other news, Steve and I started a little 5 day mini detox today. No meat, eggs, dairy, gluten, alcohol, sugar...the usual. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

well that's exciting...the detox..totally you have to let me know how you feel!